What makes a CMI® so special?
Being a CMI® of the Master Inspector Certification Board is the inspection industry’s top professional designation and is awarded to qualifying inspectors who have demonstrated the highest level of competency. This means that the qualification is very specialised. To become a Certified Master Inspector (CMI®) you have to have plenty of experience and years of service in the industry.
As a Certified Master Inspector®, Home Inspection Services South Africa will give you the best service you can find! We will not only detect hidden problems and present them to you in a clear and objective manner, but will also present the positive aspects of your intended purchase.
Hire a CMI® because they are:
1. Experienced… All CMIs® have completed at least 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of training and education combined.
2. Established… All CMIs® have been in the inspection business for at least three years prior to becoming Board-Certified.
3. Professional… All CMIs® abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics.
4. Educated… All CMIs® have completed professional education prior to being approved.
5. Vetted… All CMIs® have agreed to submit to periodic criminal background checks.
6. The Best… Not everyone can become a Certified Master Inspector®. Hiring a CMI® means hiring the best.
Not only are you choosing the best in the industry when hiring a CMI® member, but every CMI® has the backup and support of other CMIs®. Although they work independently of each other, they are bound by the code of conduct to assist any member in need of a second opinion regarding a certain issue they might not be sure of.
The need in South Africa…
The situation in South Africa is currently unhealthy in a sense that there are no governing bodies that control the home inspection industry – which only came to life just before April 1st, 2011. It is common in any arena to find people that are only in it for the sake of making a profit and for this reason, it is possible for someone to buy a franchise or start an inspection business with little or no experience.
For this reason, we feel it is our responsibility to offer a service that has a solid history and accountability. We offer experience, continued education and professionality.